AUTHOR VISITS WITH
Ages 5-adult; any size group; author speaks nationwide and internationally
at schools, teacher in-services, universities, seminars, conferences, panel
discussions, workshops, and more. To schedule a visit contact me here
All Live Visits and Videoconferences are customized to meet your needs and
can include any combination of the following:
- Slide Shows:
illustrated, fast-paced, informative, and humorous. Great choice for all
ages and every show.
- Storytelling in costume with props and sound
- Rollicking, riveting
shows for grades K-3 featuring volunteers from the audience and plenty
of interaction! Includes the song The Old Chisholm Trail and
the tall tale Davy Crockett Saves the World.
- Absolutely True Stories from History:
- Using one book of your choice for each presentation, we will explore an exciting story in depth. Examples include the terrifying truth about the Salem Witch Trials, Charles Darwin’s adventure–packed journey around the world and how it changed science forever, John Smith’s greatest escapes (can also be geared
toward Colonial Jamestown); the many inventions of Benjamin Franklin;
what both George Washington and King George III really
believed during the Revolutionary War; the daring exploits of Lewis
and Clark; the incredible California Gold Rush;
how the author's own family escaped to America; and much more.
If you like, you can select books that will coordinate directly with your school's own curriculum. Each talk can be presented along with an accompanying slide show and is guaranteed
to appeal directly to the age level of your group or classes.
- Writing and/or Illustration Workshops for small groups (one or two days):
- A few examples: Students write an amazing journal about a not-very-amazing day. Schanzer tells the beginning of a funny story or a mystery and students use tips to write their own endings. How to write about history by becoming a detective. Students write a tall tale; How to write your own autobiography. And some fun ways to illustrate all of the above.
- Adult presentations:
teachers can make history spring to life;
the scoop on combining illustration
with writing; finding great research for just about any topic; how my books
were written; and practically anything else you can come up with. All presentations are available as live onsite visits or via live videoconferences.
- Autographing sessions and lunches with students:
be added to each day's presentation.
Up to 3 presentations per day, $1,500. Overnight trips or trips over 50
miles away, $1,650 per day plus all travel expenses. Discounts are available
for multiple-day events. To schedule a visit contact me here.
click here to see a special video for teachers
Please contact me here for fees and additional information
or click the logo below to learn more.